Wednesday, July 17, 2013

New initiative from conservative activists in Florida: Recall Rubio « Hot Air

New initiative from conservative activists in Florida: Recall Rubio « Hot Air: "That’s from Betsy Woodruff, who notes that there’s already a “recall Rubio” petition floating around that was, apparently, put together by the, er, DCCC. Am I misjudging when I say that the balance of conservative opinion on recalls of federal officeholders is that they’re unconstitutional? Pretty straightforward: “The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each state, elected by the people thereof, for six years…” Rubio’s in year three. Even if there’s a wrinkle somewhere in Article I that would theoretically permit this, I can’t believe anyone wants a system where Senate/House recall elections in various states are happening every few weeks yearlong. What am I missing here?"

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment