Wednesday, September 10, 2014

An Open Letter to the Video Gaming Community from a Self-Confessed Right-Wing Bastard

An Open Letter to the Video Gaming Community from a Self-Confessed Right-Wing Bastard: "I like reporting on stuff like that. It's what journalists are here to do, after all. And I'm not going to deny that I admire Margaret Thatcher, I hate most modern feminist movements and I think a lot of so-called rights campaigners play up the nasty comments they get for sympathy, and to win arguments. But I'm not here to stamp my politics onto your industry, unlike so many existing writers. And I've no interest in building a sinister network to take over your conferences. Perish the thought. Very frankly, I don't care enough about video games to try.
What I do see is a huge number of people left out in the cold. So if, on occasion, I'm moved to write something about what I see in the video games industry, I hope you'll come to it with an open mind. It's a fascinating subject, with a lot of cronyism and dodgy connections waiting to be exposed. That's catnip to a journalist like me. So let's drop the childish name-calling and just see how we get on, shall we? And if I get the taste for it, who knows? I might be up for starting a new games website with someone after all."



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment