Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Bowing to the Altar of Big Government « The Greenroom

Bowing to the Altar of Big Government « The Greenroom: "On the first night of the Democratic Convention, I sat down with twitter on my right and an ice cream sundae on my left (in honor of Michelle Obama’s prime time speech of course). My eyes scanned CSPAN for a glimpse of the Greek columns which adorned the stage during the 2008 DNC. Unfortunately, that opportunity never came as the layout of the 2012 stage was relatively uncontroversial. However, it did not take the Democrats long to show their true colors. As the convention opened, this video was played in which the narrator stated: “Government is the only thing we all belong to.” Immediately, the collectivism meter in my brain went crazy. However, once I got my bearings and stopped binge tweeting my frustration, the statement became more clear."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment