Sunday, February 16, 2014

You Wouldn't Believe What I Saw in the Dachau Gift Shop  - Bloomberg

You Wouldn't Believe What I Saw in the Dachau Gift Shop  - Bloomberg: "This is a piece about a photograph I took in the gift shop at the Dachau concentration camp a couple of weeks ago.

Before I go any further, a confession: This photograph would get me fired by the Associated Press, which has strict rules about manipulating imagery. I manipulated this image by moving the Philip Roth biography to the spot just below the Woody Allen biography in order to intensify the deep ridiculousness of a concentration camp gift shop selling biographies of Philip Roth and Woody Allen. The Roth biography had previously sat on an adjacent rack, alongside biographies of Albert Einstein and Sigmund Freud."



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment