Thursday, March 6, 2014

Mitch McConnell at CPAC: If you give me a Republican majority in the Senate, I won’t let you down « Hot Air

Mitch McConnell at CPAC: If you give me a Republican majority in the Senate, I won’t let you down « Hot Air: "Actually, I think there are two litmus tests, neither of which has to do with fiscal standoffs. One is on Supreme Court (or cabinet) appointments, the other is on immigration. If Obama gets a vacancy on the Court and nominates someone far enough left to alarm grassroots righties but not so far left that GOP centrists like Mark Kirk won’t vote for him/her, McConnell will face a ton of pressure to keep the nomination off the floor. I think there’s a fair chance that he’ll pass that test. In fact, Obama himself might anticipate it by nominating someone radical-ish in the expectation that he or she will be torpedoed and then nominating the person he really wanted all along as a “moderate” compromise back-up pick."



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment